camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Manual Activation Of Consumers
Date Sat, 31 May 2008 09:31:39 GMT
2008/5/26 carloc <>:
> Hi Everyone,
> Is there a way in which I can manually trigger consumer consumption on a
> queue.
> For example, I have 5 messages that I passed however I just want it to
> remain on the queue until
> I get a request from my web page to start processing. And that's the time
> the consumer will be turned on to process the messages? Is this possible?
> What is this pattern called?

I guess this is a kinda Aggregator

where the 'request from my web page' sends the final 6th message which
completes the aggregation?

i.e. you have a consumer which works in a batch, waiting for the last
message in the sequence before actually processing the messages?

Open Source Integration

View raw message