camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring Integration
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 07:33:44 GMT
2008/2/27 Jon M <jon.forums@gmail.com>:

>  I had asked a similar question on the Spring Integration forum
>  http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=49654
>
>  There appears to be a lot of interest in this topic, but I'm not sure
>  there's "1" easy answer that will generally satisfy everyone given the
>  unique environments involved with each particular usage situation.
>
>  I'd certainly like feedback from other's on what they see as pros/cons --
>  without any bashing of course :) -- but I've decided just to dig into the
>  source code and start playing.
>
>  That said, I've found James' blog http://macstrac.blogspot.com/ helpful as
>  well as a presentation he did on Camel a short while
>  ago...http://macstrac.blogspot.com/2007/11/my-slides-on-activemq-and-camel-from.html
>
>  I've also found the current Spring Integration reference doc
>  http://static.springframework.org/spring-integration/reference/htmlsingle/spring-integration-reference.html
>  helpful.
>
>  What I really like about Camel so far is RouteBuilder as well as the large
>  number of currently supported components.  I also really like the helpful
>  mailing list.
>
>  What Spring Integration is younger and hasn't yet reached 1.0, so far I
>  really like what I see in the source code, the straightforward abstractions,
>  and Mark Fisher's openness and helpfulness.  Working with the SVN repo and
>  Ant/Ivy has also been very nice as I'm not Maven-Converted(TM) yet.
>
>  For what it's worth, I think both projects look great which makes the
>  decision harder :)

Incidentally Willem has done some great work lately to help integrate
together Camel and Spring Integration...

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/springintegration.html

so users can choose to use the best bits of both frameworks; use SI's
annotations and AOP on beans if you want, or use Camels Components...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/components.html

and extensive EIP pattern implementations
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

along with the routing language in Java
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/dsl.html

XML