camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Having a web service automatically activate when data is placed into a queue
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:04:33 GMT
On 09/04/2008, Glen Mazza <glen.mazza@verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks Willem, one more question, looking at the sample code you linked
>  to below:
>
>  public void testInvokingJawsServerWithParams() throws Exception {
>         CxfExchange exchange =
>  (CxfExchange)template.send(getJaxwsEndpointUri(), new Processor() {
>             public void process(final Exchange exchange) {
>                 final List<String> params = new ArrayList<String>();
>                 params.add(TEST_MESSAGE);
>                 exchange.getIn().setBody(params);
>                 exchange.getIn().setHeader(CxfConstants.OPERATION_NAME,
>  GREET_ME_OPERATION);
>             }
>         });
>
>         org.apache.camel.Message out = exchange.getOut();
>         Object[] output = (Object[])out.getBody();
>         LOG.info("Received output text: " + output[0]);
>         assertEquals("reply body on Camel", "Hello " + TEST_MESSAGE,
>  output[0]);
>     }
>
>  The "params" in "exchange.getIn().setBody(params);" above will come from
>  the numbers being fed to the queue, with one web service call for each
>  number fed in.  But how can I access (obtain) the numbers being fed into
>  the queue from within that process(final Exchange exchange) override
>  above?

You can access the parameters (i.e. message body) via

exchange.getIn().getBody();

if you want to try convert the body to a certain Java type, such as a String...

String body = exchange.getIn().getBody(String.class);

This will then invoke the type converter mechanism to try convert to
the correct type (or return null if it could not be converted).
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/type-converter.html

--
James
-------