camel-users mailing list archives

From rcollins <>
Subject Handling CXF endpoint values
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:05:41 GMT

I'm new to camel (and spring and web services), so apologies if the question
seems obvious. I'm trying to map some of the values received in a web
service call to a new endpoint. To validate what I'm doing I figured I'd
take one of the values from my service and route it to a file using the file
I've defined a web service which can receive calls. Having got my web
service receive calls fine I've defined my camel routing as follows:

    <bean id="logInbound"
    <bean id="testProcessor" class=""></bean>

    <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="notificationEndpoint"
            <ref bean="logInbound"/>

    <camelContext id="camel"
            <from uri="cxf:bean:notificationEndpoint"/>
            <process ref="testProcessor"/>

I've added in the logging interceptor so I can see what's going on. My web
service again starts fine. I can make calls to it and see the output which
looking something like this:

15-Apr-2008 12:45:57 org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingInInterceptor logging
INFO: Inbound Message
Encoding: UTF-8
Headers: {content-type=[text/xml;charset="utf-8"], connection=[keep-alive],
Host=[localhost:9080], Content-Length=[430], SOAPAction=[""],
User-Agent=[JAX-WS RI 2.1.2_01-hudson-189-], Accept=[text/xml,
multipart/related, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2]}

Payload: <?xml version="1.0" ?><S:Envelope

I added a simple processor just to see what was coming back. I can see a:

when I check exchange.getIn(). What is this object? I can see the input
parameter I want is the second item in this list. In my case this is a class
MyMessage which has a getMessage method on it. The JavaDoc for the
MessageContentsList isn't very helpful. I'm not sure what I should be doing
with it, how it gets populated and how I'd know where my class is in the

So, back to the point of my question. How in my route can I get access to
the object of the 'from' endpoint?

I'm using Camel 1.3 and Java 1.6.0_05.