camel-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Quiroz <carlos.quiroz-cas...@nokia.com>
Subject RoutingSlip exchange pattern
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:13:13 GMT

Hi

I have been trying to use the new RoutingSlip to do something similar as
what is describe in:

http://www.nabble.com/TimeoutException-when-using-ReplyTo--td15043879s22882.html

RoutingSlip was my last item in the chain and it basically redirects
messages to one or more activemq:queueName destinations

If found the issue that all messages sent when using routing slip would
include a reply-to header an I'd get the same behaviour as described above.

After tracking this problem for a while I found that the reason is that
Routing Slips sets the exchange pattern as InOut as follows

		for (String nextRecipient : recipients) {
			Endpoint<Exchange> endpoint = resolveEndpoint(exchange, nextRecipient);
			Producer<Exchange> producer = producerCache.getProducer(endpoint);
			Exchange ex = endpoint.createExchange(ExchangePattern.InOnly);

			updateRoutingSlip(current);
			copyOutToIn(ex, current);

			producer.process(ex);

			current = ex;
		}

When I change this to ExchangePattern.InOnly this works fine.
Is this behavior by design? Can this be made customizable?

Regards
Carlos Quiroz