camel-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <>
Subject Having a web service automatically activate when data is placed into a queue
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 03:47:02 GMT

I'm trying to create a Camel example so I can learn more about the
product.  What I'd like to do is feed a queue a series of numbers, which
would automatically be fed as the lone parameter to a "DoubleIt" web
service, the output of which (i.e., the input number doubled in value)
would then be fed to a file.

I understand how to write from a message queue to a file from this
example[1], and also, the camel-cxf example[2] gives me a pretty good
idea of how web service calls are made, but I'm not sure how to have a
web service automatically activated based on what is fed through a
queue; further, how to have the number that is fed into the queue serve
as the lone parameter to that web service call (which component, if any,
must occur between the queue and the web service so the number off the
queue is put into the SOAP request.)  Any guidance or known samples
would be appreciated.

View raw message