camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple camel contexts/Unit Testing/DOT graph generation and General Strategy for
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:15:15 GMT
On 29/03/2008, Kevin Ross <kevin.ross@metova.com> wrote:
> Hello James,
>
>  I was successful in adding the aggregation feature, and have filed/included
>  patches here:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-413
>
>  Essentially, if you add <aggregate>true</aggregate>, then it will propagate
>  this to the Main.java as a parameter during the maven build.  The
>  Main.javawill (in additional to the normal function) recognize this
>  parameter and
>  fabricate a new CamelContext and add the route definitions with the only
>  purpose being DOT generation.  The routes should not be started again as
>  this fabricated context returns false for the shouldStartRoutes() method.
>
>  Please take a look and let me know if the patch is acceptable.  It appears
>  to be very useful for my approach to camel unit testing and usage.

Awesome!

BTW I guess there's no reason why we shouldn't generate an aggregated
view and have the individual views.

e.g. have a single view with all the contexts & route builders &
routes on it; then if you click on a context box it shows just that
context, if you click on a route builder box it shows just that route
builder's routes etc.

I can imagine if folks have loads of routes; having a single page with
all the routes on could be kinda big; so maybe the context index page
could be useful too?

So am wondering if we should just merge them all together & let folks
navigate the generated html to get whatever view they want?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration