camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel Pipeline not available from XML?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:17:11 GMT
On 27/03/2008, raulvk <raul.kripalani@atosorigin.com> wrote:

>  Aaron,
>
>  Thanks a lot for your help. I will follow your tip and will notch the
>  logging level up to DEBUG ;)
>
>  However, as far as I know (I've read this somewhere but I can't recall
>  where), when you specify multiple recipients following the syntax you
>  specified (multiple <to> elements or <multicast>), what happens is that
the
>  same initial message gets routed to all the recipients.
> What I want to
>  achieve is a "sequence of invocations", where each recipient gets the result
>  of the processing done by the previous one.

Yes thats what happens when you use the first form...

<route>
       <from uri="direct:a"/>
       <to uri="direct:x"/>
       <to uri="direct:y"/>
       <to uri="direct:z"/>
       <to uri="mock:result"/>
</route>

that is the result of x is sent to y and the result of that sent to z etc.

If you want the same message to be sent separately to each endpoint,
then thats what <multicast> does (i.e. each recipient gets its own
copy).

<route>
       <from uri="direct:a"/>
       <multicast>