camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BeanFactoryAware (Spring)
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:28:54 GMT
Looks like a bug in the Spring XML namespace handling - the clue is here...

On 19/03/2008, cmoulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid
>  property 'c' of bean class
>  [org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean]: No property 'c' found
>  org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean
>  with name 'camel:beanPostProcessor': Cannot resolve reference to bean
>  'camel' while setting bean property 'camelContext'; nested exception is
>  org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean
>  with name 'camel': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
>  org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException: Invalid property 'c' of
>  bean class [org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean]: No property
>  'c' found

I think this is caused by the xmlns:c="..." being inside the
<camelContext/>. As a workaround you could move the "xmlns:c" to the
root <beans> element.

It turns out this problem is caused by a bug/limitation in Spring -
I've raised a JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-391 to summarise the
issue and link to the Spring patch I've raised.

I've added a test case (NamespacePrefixTest) along with a workaround
to trunk so the 1.3.0 release when it goes out should not suffer from
this issue any more

--
James
-------