camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Routing to a method of an object with more than one parameters
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:58:16 GMT
On 04/03/2008, georgiosgeorgiadis <georgiosgeorgiadis@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>  Thanks James, at the end, yes, I decided to do it with the type converter
>  which gives me more control over what is called and
>  what is passed around. How I have decided, as these objects that i am using
>  have multiple methods, is that I pass the methodName in the message's header
>  as "@method" and with the method parameters passed as an array of objects as
>  the message body.
>
>  The type converter will use reflection to resolve actual method invocations
>  and propagate correctly and returning correctly.

Great.  There is a BeanInvocation object you can use as the payload
BTW which tries to do that too; though currently that takes a Method
and Object[] arguments.

Another approach is to send a message with the header
"org.apache.camel.MethodName" set to the method name to invoke and the
body as the Object[] arguments and it should then work using the
existing bean invocation?

>  Thank you very much.

No problem!
--