camel-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Quiroz <carlos.quiroz-cas...@nokia.com>
Subject Camel creating lots of connections (Is it polling?)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:31:36 GMT

Hi all

I'm testing camel with a very simple setup. I just have a bean that should
listen for messages in a certain queue. My route looks like this:

from("activemq:myqueue").to("bean:aBean");

When I do that I see that connections are created every one second more or
less and then discarded, so I'm guessing that polling is being used instead
of just listening for the messages. I also tried to change the bean part to
log:category and the same behaviour is seen.

My setup includes camel 1.2, amq 5.0 and spring 2.5.1 (I changed the spring
jar in amq to be spring 2.5.1).

Is this related to http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-163?

Any suggestions on how to fix this since this seems to me a huge overhead

Regards
Carlos Quiroz