camel-users mailing list archives

From DominicTulley <dominic.tul...@telelogic.com>
Subject Re: Getting lots of TIME_WAIT sockets
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:15:42 GMT

I've managed to build the latest camel from svn as well now and run the two
together.

Sending messages at around 100-200/s I see the number of time_Wait sockets
reach around 2000 pretty quickly (roughly in the time it takes to send that
many messages).  At this point amq starts to report some errors (socket
closed) and shortly after, when time_wait socket count reaches around 3500,
things really break, with "address already in use" errors from amq.

If we throttle throughput to be less than 2000 messages per two minutes then
the TIME_WAIT sockets will disappear promptly enough for the system not to
crumble - but we don't really want to have to put throttling in place and
2000 in two minutes doesn't sound like a lot of messages.

Would it be useful to provide a test case at this point?  I'm pretty sure
this problem will be reproducible just by taking the sample producer and
consumer code from the AMQ distro and changing the config to have a Camel
route in the middle...

Thanks,

-Dominic