camel-users mailing list archives

From pds1602 <paul.so...@ds-s.com>
Subject Re: Documentation
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:45:17 GMT

May I suggest two changes that I think will really accelerate Camel adoption:

1. None of the patterns are of any significant use, besides playing, unless
a global transaction can be applied to a route. It is absolutely vital to
have this. This includes things like reading from a file - it should be
transactional even to the level of a row of file data. Otherwise how can it
compete with commercial products like MQ Broker?

2. No additional components are added without extensive documentation and
all development stops until documentation is done. Do not accept any new
components without documentation and accept nothing unless it can
participate in a global transaction.

I know it sounds harsh but, please believe me, it must be done if your
target audience are enterprise developers. Having components released with
no documentation is unforgivable. Without the above, Camel will amount to
little, which is a shame because it's almost there....

Paul