camel-users mailing list archives

From Taylor Gautier <tgaut...@terracottatech.com>
Subject Re: Working Terracotta Component - Clustered Queues in Camel
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:02:19 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> On 11/03/2008, Taylor Gautier <tgautier@terracottatech.com> wrote:
>>  James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> Will do.  I'll go back and see if I can't commit the code - it's pretty
>>  small really.  It seems like it would be better for this component to be
>>  part of the camel package, rather than a separate download.
>
> Sure - so long as the license is fine (which at first look being MPL
> based looks fine) we can host it at Apache if you like; or it could be
> hosted at terracotta.org if you prefer; your call really.

Oh, I was thinking to donate it with an Apache license.  Just have to get
the OK on that, worst case we have it on TC site with TC license, but it
seems better to be in Camel proper.

James.Strachan wrote:

>>  On a side note, does this usage make sense?
>
> Sure
>
>> I don't know Camel or its use
>>  cases well enough to know....for example, if you have an application
>> with a
>>  JMS queue connecting one or more JVMs, how would that application be
>>  configured?
>
> So Camel works on endpoints; an endpoint being a specific queue or
> topic or directory or whatever. The JMS endpoints are typically
> created by a JmsComponent which has the various JMS configuration such
> as ConnectionFactory or TransactionManager etc. We tend to use Spring
> to configure that kinda stuff; though you can also configure endpoints
> on the URI as well.
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jms.html

Ok, sounds like I did the right thing.

James.Strachan wrote:

>>  I think I have modeled what I have done roughly on this usage, but I'm
>> not
>>  an expert here. I'd love to see someone who has more experience give
>> this a
>>  try in a more real-world setting - I would suspect that it might be
>> possible
>>  for any app that has a JMS queue configured as endpoints between two
>> JVMs
>>  this would work pretty much as a drop in replacement, but again, not
>> really
>>  sure here.
>
> Sure - wanna pop the code somewhere and we can take a noodle?

It's already there - in my original message I posted a working sample that
should take about 1 minute to run - it all builds and compiles and downloads
via maven, so the checkout is next to nothing.