camel-users mailing list archives

From davsclaus <cib_re...@yahoo.dk>
Subject Re: Camel TCP receiver endpoint
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:58:12 GMT

Gerorge

Have you tried to use your own codec? There is a codec parameter to the uri
configuration of camel routes.

The codec is then your Mina codec class where you can do the encode/decode
where you can include the headers and properties from the exchange.

I am however not sure if using this codec it gives you access to the
exchange in your subclass?

Another approach is to do your own data format, there is some examples in
Camel where you can create your data formatter and annotate them. Then you
can have your dataforma POJO class that holds the body, header and
properties.

You are ofcourse welcome to try to create a patch for camel that includes
the header and properties out-of-the-box. It is however not so easy as the
raw TCP protocol is not a protocol that supports metadata as headers and
properties = everything is one long binary stream. Unlike eg. messaging such
as JMS.

/Claus