camel-users mailing list archives

From "steven.marcus" <steven.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject bug: BeanInfo.chooseMethodWithMatchingBody doesn't unify superclass method
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 03:39:01 GMT

Hello all!

Just noticed that BeanInfo.chooseMethodWithMatchingBody doesn't unify the
following case:

class X {
void deliver(Foo arg) {
}
}

class Y extends X {
void deliver(Foo arg) {
}
}

It throws AmbiguousMethodCallException when trying to match Y.deliver.

Just found this because the methodName supplied on the bean invocation
definition in my routings had become invalid.

The default behaviour of camel was to search for a method to attempt
delivery, even though the supplied method name wasn't valid. Is this
desirable behavior? I would think if the supplied method were invalid
default method match should not occur.

Also, would it be possible/good to have method existence of supplied
methodNames done once at camel context start?

Sorry I can't offer a patch/fix... but supplying the correct method name in
the routing definition is the workaround...

Steven Marcus