camel-users mailing list archives

From "Roman Kalukiewicz" <roman.kalukiew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JdbcEndpoint - Consumer
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:19:16 GMT
> in both cases the idea is generally to make a bean to represent a row.
>
> We could write an SDO component and use that to avoid the user having
> to write a bean...

My $0.02 is that it is not very natural what we currently have in jdbc
component. Event it is, then it is not in sync what we have in other
components (to compare it with JPA for example). Maybe we should think
about creating another component that could express database flows
like this:

from("sql:select a, b, c from d").to("sql:insert into t values :a, :c, :d");

so we pool a database using some select statement - the result is a
Map that maps column names to values. Then it could be sent to some
other sql endpoint that simply could use placeholders to generate
another query.

This way a sql component should be configured with a DataSource.

What do you think about something like this? I can try to create such
a component.

Roman