camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update CamelContext
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:03:13 GMT
On 26/02/2008, Robert Thullner <rthullner@gmx.at> wrote:

>  Hi
>
>  I am using ActiveMQ and Camel for some little projects. All my Camel routes
>  are defined in a Java Class with a main method. When running the class the
>  context.start() method starts all my routes. After that I start my Java
>  programs which do some messaging.
>
>  My question is if there are some methods existing so that I could update my
>  CamelContext without stopping it. When I have to change a rule I usually
>  stop my class where all routes are defined, update the routes and then start
>  it again. I would like to avoid this by updating the context without
>  stopping the class. Is there some method to achieve this?

Just out of interest what kind of updates are you doing? e.g. changing
the Java class or spring.xml files?

If so the ServiceMix MicroKernel can auto-reload Camel routes on the
fly if you do that; providing you use either an OSGi bundle or
expanded OSGi bundle to host your camel routes.
http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4KNL/index.html
--
James
-------