camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:09:11 GMT
On 08/02/2008, Magnus Heino <magnus@filur.org> wrote:

> > Ah sorry! My bad - I'd missed that you'd not configured the
> > JmsComponent with an ID of "jms". DOH!
> >

> Well, http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jms.html does say "Basically you can
> configure as many JMS component instances as you wish and give them all
> unique names."... but I guess I was starring too much on the code examples
> to notice that :-P

Me too! :)

> Also all examples does use names that makes you think that the uris are
> predefined. That jdbc should be jdbc. Atleast that was my impression.

Yeah.

> > We've tried to minimise the amount of Spring XML configuration
> > required in Camel by adding some 'convention over configuration rules'
> > - but I guess sometimes this magic trips folks up.
> >

> Maybe you should do some more logging? "Endpoint for uri 'jms' not found,
> autocreating default JMSComponent instance.."... sounds like something that
> deserves a logger.info to me.

Yeah. BTW what does your log look like if you use DEBUG logging and
don't specify id="jms"?

> YAY! We got there in the end! :)
> >

> Yes. It does feel nice to have this working when I  leave for the weekend.
> Thanks!!! :-)

Nice end to the week - lets share a virtual beer :)

> > So in summary; the main issue was not using the id="jms" for the JMS
> > component configuration - and it seems for XA that we cannot use the
> > CACHE_CONNECTION / CACHE_CONSUMER.
> >

> If this is the case then maybe atleast it should be on
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jms.html

Agreed. I've updated the wiki a bit with a warning of CACHE_NONE

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/jms.html

> the covers and injecting the ConnectionFactory itself maybe - which
> > could be a bit too much magic maybe?
>

> Not if you log the magic imho.

Yeah. Lets make sure we fix up the DEBUG logging to show what the
magic is doing...

--
James
-------