camel-users mailing list archives

From Jon M <>
Subject Re: Spring Integration
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:36:17 GMT

I had asked a similar question on the Spring Integration forum

There appears to be a lot of interest in this topic, but I'm not sure
there's "1" easy answer that will generally satisfy everyone given the
unique environments involved with each particular usage situation.

I'd certainly like feedback from other's on what they see as pros/cons --
without any bashing of course :) -- but I've decided just to dig into the
source code and start playing.

That said, I've found James' blog helpful as
well as a presentation he did on Camel a short while

I've also found the current Spring Integration reference doc

What I really like about Camel so far is RouteBuilder as well as the large
number of currently supported components.  I also really like the helpful
mailing list.

What Spring Integration is younger and hasn't yet reached 1.0, so far I
really like what I see in the source code, the straightforward abstractions,
and Mark Fisher's openness and helpfulness.  Working with the SVN repo and
Ant/Ivy has also been very nice as I'm not Maven-Converted(TM) yet.

For what it's worth, I think both projects look great which makes the
decision harder :)