camel-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Talley <air2...@ups.com>
Subject Synchronous calls from client into Camel
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:32:31 GMT

How can I set up Camel when running in the same JVM as a client application
so that I can have the client make a call to an interface that is
implemented by Camel. I am basically wanting the client to make business
calls on an interface and have the implementation of that interface injected
into the client by Spring. The implementation would be provided by Camel
which could make RMI calls, web service calls, etc. on the client's behalf
and have the results returned back to the client on a blocking synchronous
call. What would the Java DSL style routing look like?

I would also like to have the client make an asynchronous call into Camel
and provide a callback interface. Camel would then communicate with a remote
application through queues, correlate the response with the request and
provide the results to the client using the provided callback. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Jeff