camel-users mailing list archives

From georgiosgeorgiadis <georgiosgeorgia...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Camel TCP receiver endpoint
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:16:54 GMT

Hi James, thanks the examples helped a lot. I managed to create a Mina TCP
receiver which routes the call to a component. Then I created a sender that
calls the Mina TCP component and passes it a serializable object, which
managed to reach my component at the other side of the TCP call. Till here
all worked fine. Yeepee. My problem now is a response back to the caller. I
have set up the sender to use Exchange of type InOut, but I am sure how to
prompt the receiver to return a value via TCP to sender. The sender of
course times-out after 10 seconds telling me that the Exchange.getOut()
Message is null.

Any suggestions?

The InOut example from the Camel MINA examples works, but it uses a local
variable which is accessed directly by both the receiver and sender (see
protected Exchange receivedExchange; in MinaTcpWithInOutTest.java). In my
case the receiver and sender in completely separate machines. I can see that
my sender blocks for a timeout period of 10 seconds (can we control this
parameter?) and returns. My receiver is added as a route listeningto the TCP
port but the process method of processor is void thus there is no way to
forward back a response.

Hope all this makes sense.

Thanks again for the huge help.

Georgios