camel-users mailing list archives

From georgiosgeorgiadis <georgiosgeorgia...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Camel TCP receiver endpoint
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:48:20 GMT

I am quite new to Camel, but I will need to use camel for implementing the
following requirement:

I will need a component to be listening to a specific TCP port. Do I need to
have a custom written TCP server which will serve the TCP component, or
Camel can automatically wrap my component with a Camel TCP listener (server)
using some type of constructor? For example I have the component:

public class MyComponent{
  public void doSomething(){
  }
}

possible Camel TCP wrapper

Enpoint p  = new CamelTCPEndpoint("localhost",5555,new MyComponent());
p.start();

My question is, does something like that exist or do I have to implement my
own custom TCP servers/ listeners for my components? The general requirement
is to have a component which calls a camel sender endpont which connects
synchronously to a camel receiver TCP endpoint which propages the call to a
component and send a reply all the way back to the sender, basically loosely
coupled communication/routing between different environments.

I am trying to reduce communication implementation to the minimum and just
use configurations loaded from a file or repository.

Thank you in advance

Georgios