camel-users mailing list archives

From davsclaus <cib_re...@yahoo.dk>
Subject Re: Request response with a tcp socket
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:46:39 GMT

Nicky

Did you ever get a response or figured it out how to work with
request/response using TCP in Camel?

I am also trying to build a small sample that:
1. accepts incoming requests from TCP
2. processes the exchange
3. returns a response to step #1 at the TCP

However I haven't figured it out how to do IN/OUT with the Mina component.
       from("mina:tcp://localhost:8888?textline=true").process(new
MyProcessor());

doesn't return a response when I do the following test:

        CamelTemplate template = new CamelTemplate(context);
        context.start();

        String response = (String)
template.requestBody("mina:tcp://localhost:8888", "Hello Claus");
        System.out.println("Response is " + response);

I get this exception instead:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: No response from server within 10000 millisecs
	at org.apache.camel.util.ProducerCache.send(ProducerCache.java:134)
	at org.apache.camel.CamelTemplate.send(CamelTemplate.java:144)
	at org.apache.camel.CamelTemplate.sendBody(CamelTemplate.java:158)
	at org.apache.camel.CamelTemplate.sendBody(CamelTemplate.java:197)
	at org.apache.camel.CamelTemplate.requestBody(CamelTemplate.java:353)
	at dk.claus.camel.CamelFun.main(CamelFun.java:23)