camel-users mailing list archives

From "Magnus Heino" <mag...@filur.org>
Subject Re: Bug?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:56:11 GMT

> Ah sorry! My bad - I'd missed that you'd not configured the
> JmsComponent with an ID of "jms". DOH!

Well, http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jms.html does say "Basically you can
configure as many JMS component instances as you wish and give them all
unique names."... but I guess I was starring too much on the code examples
to notice that :-P

Also all examples does use names that makes you think that the uris are
predefined. That jdbc should be jdbc. Atleast that was my impression.

> We've tried to minimise the amount of Spring XML configuration
> required in Camel by adding some 'convention over configuration rules'
> - but I guess sometimes this magic trips folks up.

Maybe you should do some more logging? "Endpoint for uri 'jms' not found,
autocreating default JMSComponent instance.."... sounds like something that
deserves a logger.info to me.

YAY! We got there in the end! :)

Yes. It does feel nice to have this working when I  leave for the weekend.
Thanks!!! :-)

> So in summary; the main issue was not using the id="jms" for the JMS
> component configuration - and it seems for XA that we cannot use the
> CACHE_CONNECTION / CACHE_CONSUMER.

If this is the case then maybe atleast it should be on
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/jms.html

the covers and injecting the ConnectionFactory itself maybe - which
> could be a bit too much magic maybe?

Not if you log the magic imho.

--

 /Magnus Heino