camel-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gilday" <martin.li...@imap.cc>
Subject Routing incoming HTTP messages based on parameter value
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:47:29 GMT
Hi,
I am currently investigating whether it is appropriate to use Camel in
our existing application. We wish to route incoming HTTP requests (as
well as SOAP calls) to various convertors and handlers based on the
value of a particular HTTP parameter.  We would read a parameter named
'product' and another named 'region', and based on these we would call
the correct converter to translate it from the parameter map into our
domain model, and then pass it on for processing.  Is this an
appropriate use of Camel?

Reading through the documentation it appears I would need to use the
Jetty component.  Is it possible to read the parameter map using this
component?  I can only see header and body as options in the route
builder.  Could someone provide an example of how to do this?

Many thanks,
Martin.