camel-users mailing list archives

From "Roman Kalukiewicz" <roman.kalukiew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TimeoutException when using ReplyTo?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:03:57 GMT
2008/1/24, Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>:
> It also makes loads of sense when talking to other InOut protocols
> like http.  For example
> from("jms:queue:test").to("http://localhost/test")
>
> It will take care sending the http response to the reply to queue.

BTW If we started this thread then I would like to ask if there is any
specific reason this MEP (Message Exchange Pattern) is not exposed via
Exchange interface, and is accessible only via cast to
DefaultExchange.

My problem is that we could imagine such situation:

from("jms:A").to("jms:B").to("jms:C");

It is really not clear what was the intent of the author here. Maybe B
queue is simply monitoring queue and there should be no response,
while C should wait for response. Maybe just the opposite situation? C
is monitoring while B is InOut. Moreover the presence of JMSReplyTo
header shouldn't change the whole intended behavior (as it does now).

I believe we should support something like:

from("jms:A").setPattern(InOnly).to("jms:B").setPattern(InOut).to("jms:C");

This is general solution, but it requires us to expose a MEP through
Exchange interface.

Roman