camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:25:57 GMT
On 03/01/2008, tog <guillaume.alleon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks James for the quick answer,

You're welcome

> >A message can be a File.
> >http://activemq.apache.org/camel/file.html
> >
> >e.g. when routing files from some directory to some processes...
> >
> >from("file://some/dir").beanRef("myBean");
> >
> >the body is actually a File object that the bean can process as an
> >InputStream, Reader, ByteBuffer, byte[], String, DOM or whatever.
>
> Two more (stupid) questions on this side:
>
> 1- Can we have from("file://some/dir",
> "file://some/other/file").beanRef("myBean")

Currently no - but its quite easy to patch the code to support that.

Today you have to do

from("file://some/dir").beanRef("myBean");
from("file://some/other/file").beanRef("myBean");

> 2- Is there something like a remote bean execution (on an other machine) ?

Yes; we support Spring Remoting using multiple protocols
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring-remoting.html

so you could invoke a method on a bean which is really a remote proxy
to a remote bean using some transport (files / ftp / jms / http /
whatever)

> >> Should I consider that the different files generated by an application
> >> belong to the same "message" then multicast and filter the message so
> >> that
> >> the next applications only get what they need ?
>
> >Does an application generate multiple files that you want to group
> >together? Or just send each file as a separate message to some
> >processor?
>
> Both schemes are valid, I suspect the first case is an optimisation of
> sending two files in two messages.
>
> I will have a look to the pointers.

Great. The easiest thing to start with is gonna be send one file in
one message maybe? Or put each file into a little POJO and send them
in a single message.
--
James
-------