camel-users mailing list archives

From Wilson <>
Subject Re: About JIRA issue CAMEL-180
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:19:05 GMT

Well, I am new to ESB approach so maybe I am not thinking the right way to
meet the requirements.

I will try to list my requirements for the project I am working on:

 - The same system will be installed in several nodes in distinct networks.
The nodes are connected using the Internet.

 - Each node needs to exchange information with each other. I think that
HTTP is the obvious choice for the message exchange. The bigger part of the
exchanges can be inOnly and asynchronous but I need to make sure the message
will be received by the target node.

 - The nodes need to send messages to third party web services. If these web
services are down or slow the nodes must keep sending the inOnly messages
normally. The ESB must hide any problems related to the third party web
services. Message lost is not allowed.
 - The message exchanges must be secure so I want to use HTTPS.

I am planning to use an ESB server running Camel or Servicemix or both. The
ESB server will control all message exchanging.

My idea is to put queues in front of the web services. When a node send a
message (via SOAP), the ESB will put it in a JMS queue and send acknowledge
back to the sender. Another endpoint will consume from the JMS queue and
send the SOAP request to the third party web service. This way if the third
party web service is down or slow the client can keep sending messages.

Is there another way to achieve this?

Thank you,