camel-users mailing list archives

From melu <mluni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Camel - Delayer Pattern with ActiveMQ JMS
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:58:44 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> Its kinda done like that - the JMS consumer inside Camel consumes the
> message as usual, adding the sleep - but then using JMS
> acknowledgements or declarative transactions to consume the message
> after its been sent on. i.e. its reliable.

OK, thanks for explanation.

But please tell me if you mean that it is using Thread.seep() of Java? I
have many messages per hour (about 100 000) and I need some mechanism to
delay them about 5 minutes. If it is using normal sleep than it is not good
solution for my problem because a lot of memory will be consumed (becasue
many threads will be in sleep state). Am I right?