camel-users mailing list archives

From melu <mluni...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Camel - Delayer Pattern with ActiveMQ JMS
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:17:29 GMT

Hi,

I want to applay "delayer pattern". To practice I work with Apache Camel
"camel-example-spring"  example.

I added "delayer(header("JMSTimestamp"), 30000)" to
"from("jms:test.MyQueue").to("file://target/test?noop=true");" line so it
looks like this:

from("jms:test.MyQueue").delayer(header("JMSTimestamp"),
30000).to("file://target/test?noop=true");

OK, yes it wokrs, but I have a question:
Suppose ActiveMQ queue persistance is set to true. Is the message from queue
peeked and then Apache Camel waits 3 seconds and then it sends the message
to the target? Or is it done in other way?
The real question is: What will happen when someting wrong happen between
peeking a message form queue and delivering it to the target? Will message
be lost?