camel-users mailing list archives

From Arjan Moraal <nab...@ajmoraal.fastmail.net>
Subject Re: Inspecting seda queues
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:20:01 GMT

Arjan Moraal wrote:

> Hi Hadrian,
>

> Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your interest in Camel.  Enabling JMX in your code is fairly
>> easy.  This is what you have to do:
>>

> Thanks, I've got it working now.
> Can't find the actual number of messages in a seda queue though, the seda
> endpoints just have an uri attribute at the moment.
> But I guess adding current number of messages is part of the work to be
> done for CAMEL-285

I managed to include the number of messages in the seda queue by adding the
following method to ManagedEndpoint.java:

    @ManagedAttribute(description = "Messages In Queue")
    public int getMessagesInQueue() throws Exception {
        if (endpoint instanceof SedaEndpoint) {
            return ((SedaEndpoint)endpoint).getQueue().size();
        } else {
            return -1;
        }
    }

Not really an elegant solution, but it works for us for the moment.

Thanks,
Arjan