camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: AW: Call Web Services from Camel
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:37:47 GMT
On 28/12/2007, Robert Thullner <> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> I still have one more question. How do I get the result of the webservice
> call into some variable, so that I can pass it to the resultqueue? Does this
> happen implicitly?

By default the output of each request is sent to the next request in
the pipeline.

Using Hadrian's example...

.to(webservice 1)
.to(webservice 2)

The output from webservice1 is sent to webservice2; that output is
sent to the resultQueue etc.

If you want to capture different results in variables, your best bet
is to write custom Processors or beans to perform custom invocations
and logic.

Currently each invocation of a service uses its own Exchange; we could
consider adding the ability to look up (say in a transformer after the
call to webservice 2), the exchange for webservice1 or webservice2 to
be able to refer to previous results.

Each flow (a from() then multiple to()) uses a single UnitOfWork which
we could consider expanding to be able to access related Exchanges?

Open Source Integration

View raw message