camel-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Anderson">
Subject Re: pom dependency on "spring" instead of "spring-context" et al.
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 23:30:37 GMT
I run into this quite often with various projects that use spring...
It'd be nice if maven supported some way to say that the main spring
project provided all the dependencies of the sub modules

while not the best solution I generally just throw a <exclusions>
element on the dependency thats bringing in the tree I don't want -

you also need to make sure  you have a dependency on all the needed
functionality somewhere else so its prolly easier in your case to
actually exclude the small submodule jars from the javaconfig
dependency and just use the main spring 2.x dependency that covers all
the submodule functionality

this is generally easier than trying to convince everyone in the world
to use a dependency on the main spring jar or the separate modules