camel-users mailing list archives

From Koen Serry <>
Subject JMSMessage into camel
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:35:20 GMT

Hi I'm trying something basic here and so far I haven't found anything on the
site/unittests/forums. This is my case:

Another application is putting a MapMessage onto a queue. I'd like Camel to
take it off (no problem there), but to be usable as a Exchange object I
think I need some kind of conversion. My first 2 guesses are JmsBinding or
AsyncProcessorTypeConverter, but I have no clue how I should attach it into
my router.

I've created a small senderTest that does just the same thing (MapMessage
that is, to simulate the behaviour and I get the same thing). Strange thing
is if I create a ObjectMessage with a Map as object it does work.

so origin is in other app
MapMessage msg = session.createMapMessage();
msg.setString("type", type.getCode());

and in my processor I'd like to have access to it
exchange.getIn().getBody() -> Both ObjectMessage and MapMessage return a
Map, but in the latter it is empty.

Thanks in advance,