camel-users mailing list archives

From "Roman Kalukiewicz" <roman.kalukiew...@gmail.com>
Subject How to enrich message with the result of other invocation
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:37:25 GMT
Hello!

I'm looking for elegant solution for following problem:

I receive request that is an XML document or object. I need to enrich
it (add new element or set a property). The problem is that the value
I want to enrich with is the result of some endpoint invocation.

I know that I can do it using custom processor, but maybe there is
some Expression instance that evaluates to result of endpoint
invocation? this way I can simply use setBody() or setHeader() methods
with such Expression.

Or maybe there is better way to do it? I'm just curious if I can avoid
using custom processors and express everything in DSL.

Thanks,
Romek