camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beginner Question about re-routing to a different queue
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 05:20:07 GMT
On 09/10/2007, Andreas Guther <Andreas.Guther@markettools.com> wrote:
> Hi, by accident I posted the following the ActiveMQ mailing list but
> wanted to ask the question on the Camel User list.  Thanks in advance
> for any help.

[snip]

> I started to look into Apache Camel and I am actually pretty excited
> about the different implemented Enterprise Integration Patterns.

Great! :)

> I looked into the RouteBuilder and experimented with routing messages.
>
> I could get the Spring and the JMS File examples to work and now I have
> the idea to route incoming messages from one queue to another one.
>
> Somehow I thought I could do something like
>
> from("activemq:test.MyQueue").to("activemq:test.MyQueue2");
>
> But that gives me a build error:
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] null
> org/apache/commons/pool/ObjectPoolFactory
>
> It looks like I am missing some basics here but unfortunately I am not
> able to find a solution to this little exercise.
>
> Can someone please push me in the right direction?

So the code you're using is exactly correct!

In earlier versions of Camel by default we'd use the
PooledConnectionFactory with ActiveMQ; so the exception you're getting
is just that commons-pool is not on the classpath. Our bad for not
making that clear.

FWIW in later versions fo Camel and ActiveMQ; the activemq component
ships with ActiveMQ itself in 5.0 or later; and we've moved from using
the PoolConnectionFactory to using the caching levels in the
MessageListenerContainer in spring to ensure transactional consistency
(so the above takes place in a single JMS transaction).

So when using ActiveMQ 5.0 or later and Camel 1.2 or later you'd not
get the above exception as we'd not be using the
PooledConnectionFactory

--
James
-------