camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Spring Remoting
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:48:31 GMT
On 05/10/2007, borgel <> wrote:
> Hi,
> We are using Hessian Spring Remoting today and I wanted to test this
> together with Camel.

BTW we should do a Hessian component for Camel so folks could use that
as a wire format.

> I started with
> the example you have
> created .
> I have created an ISay interface with the method say() and an implementation
> of this in SayService. In addition I have a Controller and a RouteBuilder
> classes. The routebuilder just do from("direct:say").to("direct:sayImpl").
> I added the routebuilder as a bean in my applicationContext.xml file.
> When i start Tomcat I receive:
> BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sayProxy' defined in
> ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of
> init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: If endpoint is not specified, the
> serviceUrl and camelContext must be specified.
> What am i doing wrong and where am i supposed to specify the Hessian service
> url?

Could you post your entire Spring.xml so we can see? Note that the
endpoint "direct:sayImpl" will just invoke any consumers on that
endpoint. To invoke a bean, such as the sayImpl you could use
"bean:sayImpl" (or whatever the name is in your spring XML)

BTW if you just wanna do spring remoting; there are proxy factory and
service exporter XML elements you can use...

<proxy> or <export>

Open Source SOA

View raw message