camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration Patterns inside the ActiveMQ Message Broker
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:23:54 GMT
On 04/10/2007, jpcook <jonathan.cook@erars.plus.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are in the process of evaluating Camel, so far what I have read is really
> good. I just want to put something together now to demonstrate the concept
> to people.

Great! :)

> I want to run my EIP Rules using java code from within ActiveMQ and have
> read the following page
> http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
>
> The bit I'm just having a little difficulty with is - I just want to create
> a simple example that picks up messages from our JMS and applies some xslt
> before writing the file somewhere.
>
> I've create a class called MyRoute. I'm not sure what to put in it. Do I
> just put a main method and then the dsl within that like the getting started
> example? Then I have read the information on updating the Camel context so
> that bit should be fine.
>
> Sorry if this is a pretty basic question but new to some of this stuff.

No need to be sorry; its a clear sign our documentation is lacking -
so its us who should be saying sorry :)

Basically if you put your MyRoute class (and any of its dependent
classes) in a jar and drop it into the activemq/lib directory it
should just work.

(Am assuming you're running the broker via the bin/activemq script right?)

We should make this a bit more obvious and easy to setup. e.g. maybe
we should make it easier to write Java rules by having a rules/src and
rules/classes directories (rather like web apps) so folks can just
write Java code for routing rules and have them compiled and added to
the classloader on startup?

--
James
-------