camel-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject RE: Camel 1.2.0 Maven Repository Location
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:08:55 GMT
The following is also filed under

The release candidate seems to declare dependencies on camel-core
1.1-SNAPSHOT.

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.2.0-RC1/maven2/org/apac
he/camel/camel-parent/1.2.0/camel-parent-1.2.0.pom

I checked out 1.2.0 from tags and build it myself.  I noticed that there
were some 1.1 SNAPSHOT versions but did not pay too much attention to
it.  I then deployed to our internal Maven repository and clean-up my
local repository.  I had a dependency to camel-core 1.2.0 declared in my
project.  This give me the following error:

org.apache.camel.util.CamelContextHelper.convertTo(Lorg/apache/camel/Cam
elContext;Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

If I remove the dependency I get the following compilation error:

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.camel:camel-core:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.camel
-DartifactId=camel-core \
          -Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.camel
-DartifactId=camel
-core \
          -Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) markettools.platform:messaging:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.camel:camel-jms:jar:1.2.0
        3) org.apache.camel:camel-core:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

To me it looks like a red flag for the release candidate.

Andreas