camel-users mailing list archives

From Nicky Sandhu <karajd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration Patterns inside the ActiveMQ Message Broker
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:38:58 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> The thing is, thats not actually Java without the class declaration
> :).  To get all the nice IDE completion; we'd need that line inside a
> method in a class for a Java IDE.

Agreed! That is one thing that is unique to Camel and a good thing.

James.Strachan wrote:

> We could support just the routing as a DSL in groovy or ruby (I've
> kinda started some experiments in that direction in the camel-ruby and
> camel-groovy modules).

I am a ruby user but I don't see why i'd want to give up on my
autocompletion dsl in java or xml

James.Strachan wrote:

> Or we could actually write a real DSL - a very early attempt here:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/ide/camel-eclipse/
>
> which has little of the actual Antlr grammar there; but at least it
> generates a nice text based editor in eclipse :)

Fantastic!! Just the other day I was doodling javacc grammar to represent an
integration language that would translate to Camel.

Another idea I was twirling around with was using GEF (eclipse project) to
graphically edit a route...seems like you have some basics of eclipse
plugins going on...