camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MethodName in header is ignored by beanRef()
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:09:12 GMT
On 8/17/07, DominicTulley <dominic.tulley@telelogic.com> wrote:

> I could be wrong but it looks like this is related to an issue I raised last
> week where the JMSReplyTo header was not being preserved by Camel routing.
>
> A fix went in, but it only added support for a few specific headers.  So,
> custom headers such as yours and also (I found today) things like AMQ's
> JMSXGroupID are still not preserved by the routing.

Ah great catch! I raised a JIRA for this...

After some debugging, this looks like its an ActiveMQ bug; enumerating
the property names on an ActiveMQ JMS message doesn't include the
groupID property. I think this bug has been in ActiveMQ for some time
:) . I've added a workaround for now to Camel.

I've updated the test case: ActiveMQReplyToHeaderUsingConverterTest to
also include testing of the JMSXGroupID header too - this is now
working fine in trunk. Thanks for spotting this one!

> I'm not sure if it's clear what the right answer is - should all headers get
> propagated through the routing, or are some intended to "fall off"?

They should get propogated unless a router or endpoint decides to
filter some. If in doubt, propogate I say :)

--
James
-------