camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Exception based routing
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:25:41 GMT
On 8/16/07, Nick Outram <> wrote:
> James.Strachan wrote:
> > You can see this DSL in action using a variation of the ValidationTest...
> >

> > I'll ponder how easy its gonna be to use the DSL to customize
> > redelivery policy stuff on a per type basis too...
> For a bean: endpoint the exception handling fails as all pojo exceptions are
> converted to InvocationTargetException...
> The exception needs to be unwrapped, not sure where's best though;
> MethodInfo.invoke()? or maybe ErrorHandlerSupport.getExceptionPolicy()?

Great catch! Yeah I think the MethodInfo.invoke() (BeanProcessor)
should be the place (i.e. any code that does reflection to call a bean
should unwrap this exception).

I raised a JIRA to track this one...

I've just committed a fix for this along with a test case showing it working..

View raw message