camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: how camel works?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:12:52 GMT
On 8/16/07, jylaj <> wrote:
> can somebody describe me how exactly(in basics) doe camel works ?

The architecture is described here...

> what does it mean when they say:
>        "Apache Camel can be used as a routing and mediation engine for the
> following projects:
>                *  Apache ActiveMQ
>                * Apache CXF
>                * Apache MINA
>                 * Apache ServiceMix "

So for example, with ActiveMQ you can use Camel to do smart routing &
implement the EIP patterns in the JMS client or inside the broker.

e.g. Camel can route messages to and from email, files, XMPP and other

as well as implementing these patterns...

The same is true for the other projects you mention. e.g. in
ServiceMix's case you can use Camel to do smart routing between JBI

> and do the projects that exchange message via camel have to have a client to
> connect to the camel?

Camel can work with a variety of kinds of messages; so for example
inside ActiveMQ broker, there is no network connection per se, its
talking to POJOs inside the broker. Similarly when using Camel with
ServiceMix, its using the JBI bus (the NMR) to communicate.

With Camel there's not necessarily a 'connection' as Camel can work
with beans or in memory seda queues etc

View raw message