camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie questions
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:02:54 GMT
On 8/6/07, mat wang <camel.maillist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your detailed answers. After reading the documents of
> Camel, the materials were not enough for me to grab the whole picture.  I
> have to read some of the source code.
>
> I  found out in DefaultEndpoint class:
>     public int hashCode() {
>         return endpointUri.hashCode() * 37 + 1;
>     }
>
> What is this supposed to mean?

Just that 2 endpoints have the same hashcode if they have the same URL.

> I also felt this mail list seemed not very active. Camel is NOT popular?

Camel is still relatively new; it kinda sprung from requirements in
ActiveMQ, CXF and ServiceMix which are all crazy-popular, so i expect
these lists to gather momentum; particularly as more users of
ActiveMQ/CXF/ServiceMix start using Camel to add easy EIP integration
etc.

--
James
-------