camel-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Dlug" <paul.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Appropriate use case for Camel?
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:51:22 GMT

> > > Actually it turned out to be way easier than I thought!
> > >
> > > http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
> > >
> > > So you could just download tomorrows 5.0 snapshot and you're good to go...
> >
> > Thanks James! I've been building 5.0 from subversion anyway so I just
> > updated my local copy and I'll give this a shot.
>
> Great! Let us know how you get on & if there's anything we can do to
> make it easier to use Camel from inside the ActiveMQ broker

Perhaps I'm still a bit unclear on how to use this, I specified the
following config:

  <camelContext id="camel"
    <route>
      <from uri="queue:a"/>
      <to uri="queue:b"/>
    </route>
  </camelContext>

Which as I understand it should take messages addressed to the queue
"a" and send them to "b". This doesn't seem to actually work though,
I've tried changing the endpoints from "queue:a" to "activemq:a" but
that didn't seem to help. Any tips for a newbie?

Another question I have is, how do I reload new definitions without
restarting? I've I'd like to change destinations or filtering how can
I do that on the fly and be sure I'm not dropping any messages?

Thanks,
Paul