camel-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example pom
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:19:36 GMT
On 6/26/07, borgel <borge.lotre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded Camel and tried out the examples. I get an error when running
> the examples.
> When I try 'mvn exec:java' in the camel-example-jms-file I receive:

Sorry about that!

> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.camel
> ArtifactId: camel-parent
> Version: 1.0.0

> I looked at what i thought should be the parent pom (the pom file in the
> examples directory), but this file refers to the same parent:
>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
>     <artifactId>camel-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0</version>
>   </parent>
>
>   <artifactId>examples</artifactId>
>   <name>Camel :: Examples</name>
>   <description>Camel Examples</description>
>   <packaging>pom</packaging>
>

> Is this right?

Yeah - its right. The main issue is we've not yet released 1.0.0 so
its not quite yet in a downloadable repository unfortunately.

You could temporarily point your pom/settings.xml at the 1.0.0 RC repo
and things should just work...

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0.0-RC2/maven2/

Hopefully in the next couple of days 1.0.0 can go out so the examples
will just work without any manual intervention.

--
James
-------