camel-users mailing list archives

From Ole Andreas Hegle <he...@businesscape.no>
Subject Re: FilePolling
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:02:26 GMT
Hi James

Thank you for your answer.

I have just found the problem, the file-poller worked when i modified
the file, and it seems to me as the problem is located in
org.apache.camel.component.file.FileConsumer.java and the method

*protected* *void* pollFile(*final* File file) {
    *if* (file.exists() && file.lastModified() > lastPollTime) {
        *if* (isValidFile(file)) {
             processFile(file);
        }
    }
 }

My files are sent as attachment to a receiver by email, and then
imported to the system by saving the email-attachment in the folder
monitored by the FileConsumer. The modified-timestamp will be older than
the lastPollTime-timestamp, and because of this files will not be
polled. Are there any way to dissable the file.lastModified-method?
(I move the files to an archive folder when they are processed)

Perhaps I can have another component running and modifying the files to
change the last modified-timestamp on the files to make them pollable,
but I would rather not...

Anybody knows what I can do with this?

Regards Ole Andreas