camel-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dmitry Volodin (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (CAMEL-12081) XQuery NPE going from saxon 9.5 to 9.7 (upgraded camel from2.17.4-> 2.20.1)
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:13:02 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-12081?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Dmitry Volodin closed CAMEL-12081.
----------------------------------
       Resolution: Implemented
    Fix Version/s:     (was: 2.20.2)
                   2.21.0

> XQuery NPE going from saxon 9.5 to 9.7 (upgraded camel from2.17.4-> 2.20.1)
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CAMEL-12081
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-12081
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-saxon
>    Affects Versions: 2.20.1
>         Environment: JDK 1.8.0_144. Windows 10 and Centos 7
>            Reporter: Riaan Annandale
>            Assignee: Dmitry Volodin
>             Fix For: 2.21.0
>
>
> Hi guys
> I think saxon went to 9.7 in camel 2.18 (could be 19). Anyway, I used the latest to illustrate
my problem (2.20.1 at the time of writing)
> I have a routes that receive XML payloads which I then transform via xqueries. Inside
these I use local functions for readability (read: it's the first thing I tried when solving
my problem and it worked). 
> Since saxon went to 9.7 I get a null pointer exception when an xquery containing a local
function tries to process the XML.
> To demonstrate this, I have made a GitHub project:
> [https://github.com/rannandale/xqueryIssue]
> In the project I use two xqueries to transform the same source. 
> - One uses an inline for loop:
> <o>
> 	<variables>{for $v in /root/Data return $v/Name}</variables>
> </o>
> - One uses the local function style:
> declare function local:loopMe($nodes)
> {
>    for $node in $nodes
>     return 
> <variables>{$node/*:Name}</variables>
> };
> <o>
> {local:loopMe(/root/Data)}
> </o>
> The latter is the one that returns the NPE.
> I know I could probably go refactor all my xqueries to match the inline style, but I
figured I'd see if there is an issue here other than PEBKAC. They also get quite complex,
so it's quite a bit of work.
> Thanks guys
> Riaan



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message