camel-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shameer Thaha Koya (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CAMEL-9702) CORS support in servlet
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:39:20 GMT


Shameer Thaha Koya commented on CAMEL-9702:

[] CORS is not working for us with camel-servlet. We tried the latest version
of camel -2.17.2, but no luck. 
Could you please advise ?  

> CORS support in servlet
> -----------------------
>                 Key: CAMEL-9702
>                 URL:
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: camel-servlet
>    Affects Versions: 2.16.2
>         Environment: tomcat
>            Reporter: Patrick Valsecchi
>            Assignee: Claus Ibsen
>             Fix For: 2.17.0
> I'm trying to have CORS working with with the REST DSL (I'm actually using XML) in a
servlet context (to run under tomcat).
> I've put enableCORS="true" at the <rest> level and in all my <put> and <get>
elements. That seems to work fine as long as I only do GET and PUT queries. The problem is
that web clients have to do OPTIONS queries when some criteria are not met. And OPTIONS queries
are not returning the required headers (Access-Control-Allow-Origin and Access-Control-Allow-Methods
mainly). I just have a weird Allow header.
> After trying to add an <options> section in my <rest> section to handle that
manually, I've quickly figured out that they where never called. Then I've looked at the code
and seen that CamelServlet.service is directly handling the OPTIONS query and is never forwarding
them to the consumer. So it seems it's impossible to properly handling CORS queries with my

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message